JRI Limited (FSP7841) is a Financial Advice Provider (FAP) regulated by the Financial Markets Authority.
JRI Life Limited (776171) is authorised under the licence of JRI Limited (FSP7841) to provide financial advice.
Nature and scope of the advice
We only provide financial advice about the following insurance products:
Commercial and Personal Lines
- - Business insurance
- - Home and contents
- - Vehicle
- - Watercraft and boat insurance
- - Marine insurance
Personal Risk Insurance products:
- - Life insurance
- - Accidental death insurance
- - Disability income protection insurance
- - Trauma insurance
- - Total and permanent disablement insurance
- - Business overheads insurance
- - Mortgage protection insurance
- - Medical insurance
Click here to see the full list of products we can provide advice on
Fees or expenses
We will charge a fee for the financial advice that is provided to you. The fee charged will depend on the nature of the financial advice and service that we provide. The exact fees we will charge will be confirmed at the time the advice is provided.
Conflicts of interest and commissions
Our advisers receive a salary as an employee. All commissions generated by our advisers are paid to JRI Limited and JRI Life Limited.
We receive a commission from the insurers through which we place business. The amount of the commission we receive depends on the insurer.
We will provide more specific details of these commission once we have talked to you and understand your needs.
We may also be eligible to receive a commission from Hunter Premium Funding (a division of Allianz New Zealand Limited) and Elantis Premium Funding (Elantis) a division of Arthur J Gallagher New Zealand Limited in the event that you fund your insurance premiums via either of them. The commission is based on a percentage of the total insurance premium amount and an administration fee (half of which is paid to us). We will provide you with more specific details of this commission should you decide to fund your insurance premiums through Premium Funding.
Relationship with AIA New Zealand Limited
AIA New Zealand Limited provides our company/advisers with certain non-monetary benefits that support our business. These may include discounted training and software that support us. The level of the discount that we receive may change from time to time depending on how much business I place with AIA New Zealand Limited.
Non-monetary benefits from other product providers
From time to time we may receive certain non-monetary benefits from product providers. This could include, discounted training and software, gratuities such as a bottle of wine at Christmas time, a free calendar, pen or book, the occasional luncheon, drinks after a briefing session, invitations to sporting events, subsidised professional development, discounted training courses or office supplies, etc.
To ensure our advisers prioritise our clients’ interests:
- - We follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made appropriately, based on clients’ goals and circumstances.
- - All our advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest.
- - We maintain registers of conflicts of interests and the gifts and incentives we receive. These registers are monitored regularly, and additional training is provided as required.]
- - We undertake an annual independent Compliance Assurance Review by Strategi.
Complaints handling and dispute resolution
If you are not satisfied with our service or financial advice, please tell us as soon as possible.
Call: 0800 758 8440
Write to: 177 Courtenay Street, New Plymouth, 4310
When we receive a complaint:
- - We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. Where possible, we try to resolve your complaint immediately.
- - If we are unable to resolve your complaint immediately, we will acknowledge your complaint within two business days. We may contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- - We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we need more time to investigate your complaint, we will let you know when you can expect to receive a response to your complaint.
- - We will contact you by phone, email or letter to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
If we cannot agree on how to fix the issue, or if you decide not to use our internal complaints process, you can contact our external disputes resolution scheme, Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme (FDRS). FDRS provides a free and independent dispute resolution service that may help to resolve your complaint if we haven’t been able to do so to your satisfaction.
To contact FDRS
Call: 0508 337 337
Write to: Freepost, PO Box 2272, Wellington, New Zealand 6140
We and our advisers have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice.
We are required to:
- - give priority to your interests;
- - exercise care, diligence, and skill;
- - meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services
- - meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services.
JRI Limited (FSP7841) and JRI Life Limited (FSP776171) can be contacted on:
Call: 0800 746 457
Write to: 177 Courtenay Street, New Plymouth, 4310
A written copy of this information is available upon request.